Tuesday 23 April 2013

Swim A Mile!! :)

Last Friday the transition years went to the National Aquatic Center in aid of Ian Daly's Swim  a Mile Challenge. It was great fun!! I was in a group of three and we had to swim a total of 64 laps between us which is a mile. I'm in credibly unfit so I was sure I wasn't going to make it. When we got there we quickly changed into our swim suits and jumped in! I was nervous before but once in I realised it was actually going to be good fun. We all just swam our laps at our own pace though it was really crowded with like 15 girls in one lane!! it was all good though and although at first we were swimming on top of each other we quickly worked out a way to swim properly.
When we had finished our mile I was so happy and I was suprisingly not that tired so I decided to get back in and swim a few more. Altogether I swam around 32 laps. I was really pleased with myself as I didn't even think I would be able to do 20 laps : D
After we were done we got our t-shirts and we went to Blanchardstown shopping centre. I pigged out on Mac Donalds after, basically cancelling out all the excersize I'd just done! Ah it was worth it though :)
I had a great day and would love to do it again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment